Personal Storage Files(.pst) files are e-mail data files that can be stored locally on your PC or on a network drive. While PST files enable personal storage of e-mail on a local hard disk or network drive, these files are not as reliable for storing e-mail as an e-mail server.
Important Thing :
Never store current or critical data in a PST file.
Please discuss the disadvantages and the appropriate methods of managing PST files with your local support before creating one.
How To Create PST File in MS. Outlook 2007
- Open Ms. Outlook
- Go to [File] – [Data File Management]
- Go to tab [Data Files] – click [Add]
- Choose [Office Outlook Personal Folders File (.pst)] – then click [OK]
- Type the PST File name (ex. Personal Folders 2009), then click [OK]
- Type Again the name to be appear in Ms. Outlook ( it would be better to type the same name ( ex. Personal Folders 2012 ). Then click [OK]
- Then click [Close]
- You will see your personal folders in your Ms. Outlook
- By Default, your PST/Personal Folder Email will be saved in <C:\Users\[YourUserID]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\> folder
- Restart your computer, do not open your Microsoft Outlook
- Go to [Control Panel] – Choose [Classic View] – Then click [Mail]
- Click [Data Files]
- Now you can see the location of All your PST Files ( in this example it’s 2 files).
- Open [Windows Explorer] or [My Computer], then go to your PST Files location.
- Now you can copy your PST files to CD or external storage.
- Please remember that you cannot copy your PST files when your MS. Outlook is open.
Tips for PST
- Keep your PST Files in Local C Drive, if you keep your PST in Network Share Drive, it could slow your Ms. Outlook performance, and sometimes when there is intermittent network problem, your PST files could crash.
- Backup regularly your PST Files to a disc/ external Hard Disk (ie. Once a month)
- Keep your PST files under 700 MB, so you can burn it to a CD-R disc.
See You at Another ICT Topics and Tips Trik for Office Application windows basedhappy wheels